Saturday 11 July 2015

A day at Crich

Today I was on duty yet again at Crich.
I only have another four left this year, so enjoyed another fine day and a chance to drive a lovely tram. 
The boat was out doing the ultimate tram driving experience today, so I chose Blackpool 166.


All did not go to plan, because I jammed the sand pedal in the depot, requiring engineering to hit it with a big hammer, whilst the sand spilled all over the depot floor.
Not the best start to the day.
Nothing else bad happened, it was a busy day with virtually every trip full, but bizarrely on the last trip we didn't get a single passenger!
I have often wondered what the duty inspector does whilst my tram is up the line, and on a drinks break I managed to find out.


Other trams in service two day were Glasgow 1068, and of course it's a Saturday so Chesterfield 7 is out. 


I thoroughly enjoyed the day, although I am tired having finished it.
There is something very special about achieving one's childhood ambition of being a tram driver, and I cherish every moment of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment