Monday 9 October 2017

Only me!

A few weeks ago whilst out for a walk in stumbled across these.



Totally by accident I had discovered the remaining tram track at the Rednal terminus of the Birmingham trams.

This got me thinking about what else is left around the city. So today I decided to find out.

There is some more track (the only other section I believe) in Edmund Street.



There are also 6 surviving depots.

The nearest to us is in Selly Oak.





There is a second in Kings Heath which is now a damaged goods shop.



Moseley depot looks run down but still quite impressive.









Walking distance from this was Highgate Road depot.





With a similar crest and light fittings to Moseley.





Next was Witton depot.







And finally Miller Street.







But the best is in the Think Tank Science Museum. But very difficult to photograph without obstructions.









No comments:

Post a Comment