Sunday 19 April 2015

First tram of the year.

Saturday was my first duty of the year at the tram museum.
I was down to crew with Heidi, which was lovely because I really enjoy working with her.
What I didn't realise was that it was going to be the launch of the first world war recruitment tram.
It was therefore even more surprising when I got there, to be told that was my tram for the day.


It was a beautiful sunny day, so when the dignitaries did the speech and cut the ribbon, everything looked lovely.
I had trainee conductor Luke with me, so he got on all the photos, which pleased me too as I was left in peace. 


Chesterfield seven looked lovely done up as the recruitment tram, and it will operate every Tuesday Thursday and Saturday for the rest of the season.


Oh the adornments were made as accurately as possible and taken from old photographs. Even the spelling mistake in the next photograph is copied directly from an original on a Rochdale tram.


There were lots of visitors and Luke managed to sell over 80 certificate. A great effort by him. Next time I come I will be driving, so I made the most of being the conductor today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment