Tuesday 30 August 2016

Paris and the Rhine

We have been in Alsace for 4 days visiting Lyn and Chris.
We had a magnificent time, so much so that I forgot to take blog pictures. Mea Culpe.

I did take one of a barge going up the Rhine from our car ferry.



I caught the TGV from Strasbourg to Paris in under 2 hours travelling at about 200mph.
I had 2 hours to wander around Paris so I went off to see Canal Saint-Martin.

There is a nice staircase lock.



And are this point it disappears off into a tunnel.



It is a very wide canal.



Partway along I found an overhead railway which brought back many memories of Chicago.



A bit further on information is provided about distances around the canal network.



And then it must be a former wharf as it really widens out. I think it will be time for some research when I get home.



But first this needs to do its job.

No comments:

Post a Comment